NUTRITION 4 YOU, LLC
Your Basket is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should receive an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Basket
|Posted on 18 November, 2011 at 11:29||comments (0)|
Here is a great recipe I have adapted from "Pretend Soup and other Real Recipes" by Molly Katzen. These are fun to make with your kids on the weekend.
2 Tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
maple syrup or jam for the popovers
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and melt butter or put oil in a bowl
2. (A child can have fun with this)- brush the insides of 12 muffin cups with the melted butter or oil
3. Break eggs into the mixing bowl (kids like to do this also)
4. Add milk and beat well with a whisk
5. Add flour and salt and whisk until reasonably well blended- it doesn't have to be perfect- kids can enjoy doing this
6. Use a 1/4 cup measure with a handle to pour batter into each muffin cup. They should be one-half to two-thirds full.
7. Bake 30 minutes without opening the oven
8. Remove muffins from the pan and prick with a fork to let the steam escape. Spread with jam or dip in maple syrup and eat! They are also delicious plain.
Yield: 1 dozen
Hints: turn on the oven light and let your kids look at them as they start to pop up! Remember not to open the oven.