NUTRITION 4 YOU, LLC
Your Basket is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should receive an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Basket
|Posted on 23 May, 2012 at 14:08||comments (0)|
I frequently get asked for ways to help with menopause symptoms. Here are a few things that may help:
1. Eating a healthy balanced diet. Make sure your meals include 3-4 oz. protein, whole grains, fruits and/or vegetables and some lowfat or nonfat dairy. Eating more balanced meals may help keep mood swings under control since you are keeping your blood sugar more balanced.
2. Drink lots of water. Staying well hydrated throughout the day may ease some of your symptoms.
3. Eat less processed foods, white flour and sugar.
4. Drink less caffeine and alcohol. Both can contribute to mood swings
5. Add ground chia seed and ground flaxseed to your diet. The high content of Omega 3's may help regulate moods and hot flashes as well. They may also cut down on any inflammation you may be experiencing in your body
6. Eat fish at least two times per week. Ditto on the Omega 3's listed above.
7. Make sure you get enough calcium (1000-1200 mg.) and vitamin D (600-800 i.u.). Vitamin D is a hormone now known to be important in so many processes in the body.
8. Exercise! The endorphins will help you feel better. Do a combination of cardio and some muscle building. The muscle building will help your joints.