NUTRITION 4 YOU, LLC
Your Basket is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should receive an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Basket
|Posted on 15 January, 2019 at 11:15||comments (0)|
What to eat when you have a cold for vegetarian/non vegetarians:
As I am fighting a cold myself and I am sure many of you are since stuff is going around, I figured I’d offer some ideas:
· Hot lemon tea with honey- honey is shown to have some antibacterial properties and can help with your cough, the warmth can hydrate you and soothe your throat
· Chicken soup- can get sinuses flowing- If vegetarian any vegetable broth based soup can work as well
· Spicy foods- cayenne pepper and the like can get your sinuses moving as well, therefore helping the duration of the cold (also may help dulled taste buds due to illness)
· Oatmeal or hot cereal- can also be very soothing, get your sinuses going
· Water, and more water! Seltzer is fine also. The important point here is to hydrate
· Vitamin C- oranges, clementines, orange juice, strawberries- these all have it! -Helps with healing/shortening cold duration
· Zinc- you can add zinc supplements as symptoms start for about 5 days. Any longer and you run the risk of breaking down your immune system
· Salads if you can tolerate- all the extra vitamins can help you!
· Fruit- for same reason as salads.
· Try the Outshine frozen fruit bars for some extra fruit/hydration to help soothe your throat.
Hope some of these tactics work and that you feel better soon!